Theres always a first, and let it be an easy one. To honest, its also a bit of a copycat one. Have you ever been to a Hard Rock cafe`? They have this amazing tasty starter..the artichoke and spinach dip..it is stupid yummy. I wanted to create something similar, but still not entirely copy the HRC favourite. Luckily spinach goes well with so many things, and it does not matter if you use fresh or frozen, so it is available pretty much all year around.
The dip is pretty rich in flavour and please dont serve it to someone who is lactose intolerant. Goes well with anything…toast, nachos, crackers, garlic bread, celery and carrot sticks..or just mix it with pasta or spread it over your steak or chicken! Enjoy..:)
Ps: sorry for the typos..im Hungarian and the spell check is set for Swedish..as i like things complicated.
- A BIG handful of fresh spinach leaves. Washed, dried and chopped. Or about 150g of frozen spinach leaves, melted, and make sure You squeeze all, or, for at least most water out of them
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- juice of a half lemon
- 200g of cream cheese
- 50g of parmezan cheese grated
- 50 g of mozzarella cheese grated or diced depending on the cheese you using
- a pinch of black and white pepper
- you dont need to use salt, it really depends on your taste, most cheeses are salty enough, but you can add some if you find it not enough.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, and microwave it for about 2-3 minutes, till the cheese melts completely.
Serve it with Love 🙂
As I said before..easy one 🙂